Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Becoming a Millionaire in RECESSION

Over the past ten years or so I had the distinct privilege of meeting dozens of well known Christian authors and speakers while working for a conference ministry. I've met Luis Palau, Bruce Wilkinson, Chuck Colson, Mike Silva, Tony Evans, Rick Rigsby, Joni Eareckson Tada, just to name a few. And I have also had the privilege to meet some “every day folk” who are filled with a tremendous passion and devotion to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

John Isom falls into the latter category. He exhibited at several of the conferences as a recruiter for the US Army Chaplains. His enthusiasm and dedication to serving the Lord is astounding.

As an assignment for a college course, John Isom kept a journal as he read Joel Olsteen's book, Living Your Best Life Now. In this journal, John shares his thoughts on the impact Osteen's writing had and also some personal reflections about his unwavering Faith in God. Written in part with acronyms, the journal is something that should be digested slowly as the reader ponders each message.

Here is an example of one of the journal entries found in his book:
_____________________________________________________________
Day 7

Wow! What a day of reading the next step in Joel Osteen’s book Living Your Best Life Now.
Step one, “enlarge your vision,” helped me realize that The U-Can! Man’s vision has already been described in the book I published in June 2009. Now, the second step, “develop a
healthy self-image,” has asked me the important question, “Who do you think you are?” This
reading helped me remember who I am. “I Am a Millionaire Made
in Recession.” The following statement, including an acronym for RECESSION, has been a
major focus of mine.

“Take this Word and place it in your wallet, then read it, think on it, meditate on
it, and incorporate it in your heart and lifestyle. You will be like Isaac in the 26th chapter of
Genesis, blessed beyond measure in a great FAMINE. Here is the Word to guide you through
recession. By abiding in this recession message, you will be keeping your mind focused on
me, and, as always, I will keep you in perfect peace according to My promise.

The U-Can!Man Recession Word:

R-Rejoice in the Lord, again I say rejoice. (Philippians 4:4)

E-Everything that hath breath praise ye the Lord. (Psalm 150:6)

C-Create in me a clean heart, O Lord, and renew a right spirit in me. (Psalm 51:10)

E-Even so, come, Lord Jesus. (Revelation 22:20b)

S-Serve the Lord with gladness. (Psalm 100:2a)

S-Seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be
added. (Matthew 6:33)

I- In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. (1st
Thessalonians 5:18)

O- Observe and do the 3 O's in Psalm 34:3, 8, and 9:

         1) O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together.

         2) O taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man that trusteth in Him.

        3) O fear the Lord, ye his saints, for there is no want to them that fear Him.

N-Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down
your nets for a drought. (Luke 5:4)

(John writes)

Father God, I hear You saying, “John, go and obey this Recession Word . I AM has told you
that you are a millionaire made in recession. Now you have the recession I AM was talking
about. Always remember that your ways are not My ways, and your thoughts are not My
thoughts. I AM THAT I AM. I AM the same yesterday, today, and forevermore. Now, launch
out into the DEEP! I have blessings galore for you and all my children who have faith in God.”

Now, Lord, I ask You to help us all have a winning attitude, like the one You gave me! I pray
and ask in the Name of Jesus, amen.”

According to Joel Osteen’s word today, I am to keep on believing this word and living it,
despite what the naysayers say or do. I am encouraged and looking forward to being who I
am, a millionaire made in recession.


A millionaire made in recession.... usually the word “recession” has negative connotations. Yet John's revelation brings hope and a promise directly from God's word. When we embrace the Word of God and truly learn to live by His principles, we too, can become millionaires! But our riches are not of this world; they are stored in heaven. And they are much more valuable than anything imaginable. Our security, our peace, our joy can only come from Our Father. Focus on Him! John tells himself and us to “keep on believing this word and living it, despite what the naysayers say or do.” Powerful words to live by, to be sure.

Let the Lord speak to you as He has done through John Isom and his journey with Joel Osteen's book. You will be blessed!


* The RECESSION word by John (The U-CAN!Man) Isom. Copied here with his permission.


No comments:

Post a Comment